- Cory Doctorow is leaving London because it's increasingly unaffordable.
- KCNA publishes a halfway reasonable rundown of increasing US military in SE Asia.
- Washington Navy Yard was locked down this morning after report of possible gunshot.
- Southern US sees Confederate flag as symbol of pride; rest of nation sees it as heritage of treason and slavery.
- 50-year-old C-130 crashes in Indonesia: why were civilians aboard military plane?
- Strong waves capsize ferry in Philippines, 35 deaths.
- Paul Krugman suggests Greek bailout would intentionally ruin nation's independence.
- Whole Foods' co-CEOs admit jacking prices, "inadvertent errors".
- Univision, NBC, Macy's drop Donald Trump like steaming lump of shit; indie cable channel Reelz vows to preserve tradition of misogyny, sexual objectification. Trump doubles down on spittle-flecked invective, announces this was all his idea and insults China.
No, I don't see any meaningful patterns. One meaningless thread that runs through most of these stories is that people are just shits. There's to do with that "revelation," however.