Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trembling to Death

The revolution will be brought to you
by Time-Warner.
I feel myself torn in a dozen directions. On the one hand, I believe in what the Occupy protests are doing, but the one in my town is being taken over by jackoffs. I believe in saving the ecosystem and building community, but the people I ride home with on the public transit bus make me want to shoot them all in the stomach and laugh at their agony. I believe in education and taking a hand in the political process, but it's so blatantly clear our government is entirely for sale and money-mongers are power-mongers, and the common man would rather watch Toddlers & Tiaras or football than have to think any longer than is absolutely necessary. And when I think I can indulge in a nice whisky and relax, I go back to my Asian trip through lands ravaged by war and capitalism.

I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I don't see any point to my hobbies, I don't hang out with friends, and I don't see a long-term future for my nation so what's the point of anything anyway. There's no point to books, podcasts, nice meals, new clothes, etc. I have no idea what I think I'm waiting for, and yet I can't end it, either. The race is lost but I still have to roll down the track to the finish line, as long as it takes, no matter the audience left a long time ago and the lights are out.

No comments: