Monday, June 20, 2011

No More Custom URL

Heads-up to anyone reading this: I'm not renewing the domain name for this site. Instead of swevenvolant.org, please update links (ha ha, I'm sure this will affect millions of people) to swevenvolant.blogspot.com.
My registrar's prices went up--as I'm sure every registrar's prices do--and it's not worth it to me to shell out even more money for a vanity URL attached to a blog I do nothing with. The name of the blog's still in the URL and if anyone ever, ever had any curiosity to find my site, it would be only too easy to do so.

Seriously, seven bucks a year to start with and then sixteen dollars? And for what? I get zero customer service (unless I pay more for it) and I'm not asking them to host anything. Nothing's changed, nothing's improved, but I'm supposed to pay double for a fancy domain name. It doesn't seem fair to me.

No comments: