Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not a Usual Practice

My wife wanted me to make sure I recorded this: I tried to make coffee this weekend but forgot to put the pot in its resting spot within the coffee maker. There's a safety on the upper chamber that holds the grounds, though: it will not let the coffee pour through its spout if the pot isn't there to press up and release it.

Instead, the coffee overflows the sides and distributes itself liberally across the counter, down the cupboards, and over the floor.

Rebecca said for a second she was mad, because of the mess it caused and because she really wanted her coffee, but she had the presence of mind to step back and laugh at the absurdity of the situation. After all, she noted, this wasn't anyone's usual practice, to forget the coffee pot. I further suggested that anyone for whom that was a regular practice would rightfully be banned from all coffee-making procedures, in all likelihood.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: