Monday, February 15, 2010

But What Class Would I Be?

Thought this was interesting: Wizards of the Coast bothered to generate a kind of morality quiz to help people guess at what alignment they'd be in AD&D, or else to better know their playing characters. Certainly, this would be a useful tool for a writer trying to get to know their characters better. My result:
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6
I'm completely okay with that. I'd make a terrible samurai in that I find no honor in following a corrupt leader. Doing good without a sword over (or gun against) your head is in accord with my beliefs. You do good because it helps people and the community, not because your holy book orders you to do so upon pain of eternal torment.

No comments: