Friday, December 4, 2009

Movember 2009


Movember 2009
Originally uploaded by modernclimate
This was my team at work, all growing out our moustaches as furiously as possible over the course of November.

The point was to raise awareness for men's cancer, using a symbol of masculinity--the moustache--to spark conversation and provide an icon of unity.

Personally, I harbored slight misgivings with the juxtaposition of hair around my mouth and testicular cancer, but it was for a good cause. I actually raised a respectable amount of money. I'm grateful for my thoughtful and generous friends.

At 11:00 PM, Dec. 1, however, I shaved that freakin' thing off. I was pleased with hearing from friends, coworkers, and loved ones how badass it made me look, but anyone who really knows me knows I'm not really badass at all. Was I more concerned with misleading others or misrepresenting myself? Neither: I'm not a moustache kind of guy.

No comments: