Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lookin' Out My Back Door

Huh. Looks like someone started a little fire in a trash container behind CVS/pharmacy (which always struck me as an unusual name for a store, though I guess it depends on what "CVS" stands for).

I was wandering around the office and glanced out a window. Two blocks south of me there was a large plume of dull white smoke spreading across Hennepin, coming from around the pharmacy and originating in the parking lot. Maxing out my camera's physical and digital zoom capacities, I got a couple shots of firefighters calmly extinguishing an extremely localized fire, a very low arc of water lazily falling out of their hose to put it out.

Several people gathered nearby to watch the procedure. What with the bright lights and loud noises, who could blame them? Five minutes later I saw the truck and crowd had cleared out and the receptacle was back in place, hardly the worse for wear, apparently.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

No comments: