Monday, October 19, 2009

Making the Popular Avatars

If you're anything like me, you've been watching trends in avatar creation come and go, and you've always been left choking in their dust.  Where'd they come from?  How'd people find out about them?  Most importantly: how do I get one?




Dookyweb
Mad Men
Face Your Manga

Below is where they come from.  I don't know how other people learn about them first.  But this is how you get them.
There.  Now you've got a headstart for making some awesome, attractive icons/avatars for yourself!  Dookyweb lets you e-mail your image to yourself so you don't have to worry about screen shots or anything.

I don't have TekTek illustrated here, but it's a fun anime-oriented tool to create a full-body chiba figurine of yourself, as realistic or outlandish as you'd like to create it.  Anime.Mypic is for the serious avatar consumer: it's not a free service and it's not cheap, but the end-product is a one-of-a-kind piece of art unlike anything else out there.

P.S. Yes, I've heard of Zwinky.  No, I do not recommend them at all.

No comments: