- apologia (noun): a defense especially of one's opinions, position, or actions.
- apophasis (noun): the raising of an issue by claiming not to mention it.
- catachresis (noun): 1) use of the wrong word for the context; 2) use of a forced and especially paradoxical figure of speech.
- soi-disant (adjective): self-proclaimed, so-called.
- xylography (noun): the art of making engravings on wood especially for printing.
So when I protested the Dayton/Hudson Phase II project by attending the Environmental Impact Statement and we were forbidden from mentioning anything outside of environmental impact, I clumsily executed an apophasis by reviewing all the irrelevant issues other people had brought to the table, stating I would rise above mentioning them.
And to keep them straight in my head, soi-disant casts a slight aspersion upon someone else's self-styled status, while ersatz is simply a cheap substitute for the real thing, and erstwhile means former. "The soi-disant chef churned out a wretched array of ersatz hamburgers per our erstwhile appetite."
And some Chinese I want to keep track of: Lay chee seen, ngaw doe may chee seen. "Even when you go crazy, I still won't be crazy."
Lastly, here's an e-mail I received from a fan back in 11/16/2001. Wow, I've had that account a long time.
How fucking dare you fuck with me you fucking wannabe creep, you come to milwaukee and i will break your fucking balls. you work in a HIV clinic because you probably have AIDS you pole sucking fag. You talk shit on the web , but you wouldn't have the balls to face me asshole. I never said shit to you but you dished me on goths over 30. you fucking don't even know me. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, FUCK OFF you little PUNK !