Monday, August 31, 2009

Failed at PoliSci

I tried to start a political blog. I thought I'd pick out a politically contentious issue and research it, post my impression of it, and over time form a more substantial political opinion.

I read some news articles about the US Attorney General announcing a new probe into CIA "enhanced interrogation" techniques. Cheney immediately decried this as a political move and insisted that no one would find anything new about his opinion of these techniques, which was not the point of the investigation. He and McCain both suggested this investigation would compromise CIA efforts to protect the US, citing sagging morale. Democratic CA Senator Dianne Feinstein expressed objection, said her own Senate Intelligence Committee's investigation wasn't done yet.

At some point I realized this was just news, not politics, and this realization came after hours of trying to reword already adequate summaries of recent past events from various news channels.

This is not my cup of tea. I deleted the blog. I can't force myself to be interested in this bullshit, no matter how hard I try.

No comments: