Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eh, Stuff Happens

I've got so many blogs now, all I have to do is check out my Blogger dashboard and update the blog at the bottom of the list. (They're ordered by updates, see.) Then all my material will always be fresh and exciting.

For example: today over lunch break I took the Skyway to the Loop Station and picked up some int'l rate stamps. I'm sending yet another postcard to Finland--they sure do a lot of traffic--and thought I might as well pick up a sheet of stamps. That was that adventure.

On the way back, I decided to go a different way through the Skyway system. There was a sign that said it went back to the Baker Building, which I'm familiar with, but I've never used that doorway before so I took it. I wandered around a bunch of blandly off-white corporate corridors and then found myself before Soup Man, the soup chain of the original soup restaurant that was featured in Seinfeld as "Soup Nazi."

I was looking for a new place for lunch, so this filled the bill. I had a cup of mushroom barley soup with a three-pepper turkey panini. They were aromatic and delicious, and for less than eight bucks I felt reasonably full. I wended my way back through the Skyway and ran into a coworker on the way. We chatted about a big project we're working on, but not like suits do. We weren't trying to impress each other with corporate-speak and how important we are to the mission. We just chatted about what was going on and a little history of the project. It was cool.

Now it's the end of my work day and I'm heading home. I think I'll pack my camera rather than keeping it on hand and focus on just enjoying the bike ride home, despite the rest of the city's best efforts to keep me down.

No comments: