Monday, July 20, 2009

Ringing In the New Week

I definitely miss the coffee we make for ourselves, whenever we have to leave the house and be gone for a few days. We got a very good conical burr grinder and a very good coffee maker, each of which are made by Capresso, as it happens. They match, so we look like we have a swank little coffee-making system going on in the kitchen, making this a terrible time to try and quit drinking coffee. I have gone down to one cup, however, out of necessity: two cups, and I'm jittery before I even get to work.

And there's another bit of irony: my workplace offers great free coffee and I don't touch it, yet my wife has another cup or two at her place of work and it's terrible coffee. מענטש טראַכט, גאָט לאַכט.

Now it's 9:00 AM and I should start getting ready for work. I think today I'll enact my plan of photographing cyclists breezing past the "no bikes allowed" sign on Nicollet Avenue. It's a sunny, warm day so there will be many people on bikes. I'm sure I can get 16 pictures for a suitable collage. After work I must pick up another bag of cat food, and I know there was something else I was going to do but it escapes my mind presently.

Anyway, I should start using words outside of my customary coinage, just to keep my active vocabulary up. And it looks like my SEO experiment is a total failure: no one is finding my blog based on popular search items. Isn't that funny? I gear up these posts to line up with prominent topics and no one comes; but when I minded my own business, illiterate teenagers searching for info on that tawdry Twilight series showed up in a steady stream, entirely on accident. Looks like this "Internet Popularity" concept is an elusive and ever-shifting target.

No comments: