Monday, April 27, 2009

Based on a True Story

"Hello, may I speak to... Christie-ann... Fredrickson?"

"This is he."

"Hi! This is Evan with Sierra Club, how are you this evening?"

"Pretty good."

"Good, good! Look, I don't want to take up much of your time, I just wanted to thank you for your support of our work and let you know that your dollars are going to good use. Is now a good time to talk?"

"Well, the first time you called I was hosting fourteen family members for Passover dinner, and the last time you called I was in New Orleans for the Jazz & Heritage Festival. Right now I'm only sitting on the toilet and pushing out an extended poop, so yes, right now is the best out of these three opportunities for me to sit and listen."

"Uh... lobbying against... uranium mining..."

"Yes, that's good, go on."

"Sir?"

"Oh, sorry, wasn't talking to you."

1 comment: