Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's Wrong With the Writer's Market?

This is upsetting: I just attempted to login to my account at WritersMarket.com but was told that my account had expired. This is absolutely wrong. I have a receipt from them dated 9/3/08 assuring me of my one-year subscription. This is how my account is listed:

Subscription Status: Suspended
Subscription Term: One-Year
Automatic Renewal?: No
Date of last billing: Monday, October 06, 2008
Date of next billing: N/A
Expiration Date: Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Even the account acknowledges that it doesn't expire until... wait. My accounted started 9/3/08. Why was I billed on 10/6/08? I paid $30 as one lump sum, there were to be no monthly withdrawals. What the hell is going on?

I've e-mailed the company with my complaint. I tried to call their Help Desk but it had closed six minutes prior. This is genuinely irritating.

No comments: