Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting Closer, Getting Closer

I'm very excited: last night my wife asked me to brainstorm my short-term goals and things to accomplish, so I pulled out my datebook and allotted some hours to each of these tasks. I now have a clear list of things to do today, how long I get to do them, and still have time to clean the house, play video games (a little), play with the cats before I catch the bus to go to class.

Ideally, by the end of the day I will have applied for a couple more jobs, submitted two queries to local papers, read three chapters from my textbooks, and hacked out a Hallowe'en-themed short story. I'm very excited about this, needless to say.

I work best off of lists. Even if I don't accomplish every single item on a list, I always achieve more than half of them. I work best with that focus, that reminder to keep me on track. I'm grateful to Rebecca for helping me stay focused. Today's going to be an illustrious day for me.

No comments: