Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Riddle of Steel

I need to have a new feature here. Once a month, I will ask my wife, "What is the greatest joy in life?" You, I, and my best friend Ivan know the answer is this: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

But the sexy and clever water-sylph I have married produces even better answers than this. I think the first time I asked her this, her answer was:
"To defeat your enemies, to plunder their cities, and to suckle at the teats of their mourning-wives."

I asked her again just now, and her answer is this:
"To conquer your foes, to lay their fields barren, and to glory in the adoration of their children."

It's all I can do to keep myself from sundering my quills in deference to her raw, untamed brilliance. This blog would lose nothing if I ceased my blather to only record her answers ad infinitum.

No comments: