Friday, April 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

I love that there's a Facebook quiz called "Are You A Father?" Rather than despairing that the situation has come to these dire straits, I simply appreciate the activism involved, the initiative taken by concerned parties to help young men find out whether they've sired a bastard or not.

**

Walking through the Skyway, listening to my Shuffle, it suddenly occurred to me I really would like to see Killing Joke open for Alice in Chains. That is one show I would definitely attend. Not sure who the other opening act would be.

**

Saw No Country for Old Men last night. "Beautiful and sophisticated" is all I can say about it. Anything I point to in the film will fall into one of those two categories. Everything was so thoughtful, there were no wasted actions: it was a real samurai of a film. I could happily start a Coen Brothers library.

4 comments:

Marina said...

What other Coen Bros films have you seen?

Christian said...

Raising Arizona
Barton Fink
The Hudsucker Proxy
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Man Who Wasn't There

I'm surprised to realize I've actually seen so many. And apparently Sam Raimi did A Simple Plan, not the Coen Bros. like I'd thought. Huh.

Just like Hitchcock never did Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? like I'd thought.

BATTLEFINCH said...

Killing Joke did open for Motley Crue's european tour a few years ago. i don't understand it.

Marina said...

Oh, Christian. You have to see Miller's Crossing. It's exquisite!